Team Robert Allen

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Canadian Pharmacist goes from working seven days a week to one to two days a week

Before Vincent and Mable Chan started their USANA business, they rarely had time to spend together as a family. As the owner and pharmacist of a busy Vancouver drugstore, Vincent would often work 14-hour days, seven days a week. It was unusual for him to even make it home for dinner. "Between work and the family, it was really hard on us," Mable says. "We always talked about work, work, work."How is your time?

When the Chans were introduced to USANA, they were pleased by the high quality of USANA's products and the results they saw in their own health. But Vincent was just as excited about the prospect of building a business that could create more time and financial freedom. "I decided that I should squeeze in five hours a week to try to build my USANA business," Vincent explains. "It turned out to be workable. So, I started to put a little bit more time into USANA by hiring more pharmacists to work for me. Now I'm working one or two days a week at the pharmacy, and I have dinner every night with my family, which I treasure a lot."See the USANA Difference

The Chans don't just spend dinner together. Now they have the time and financial resources to travel as a family, as well. They recently took the longest holiday of their lives when they spent a month touring Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, and Thailand. The Chans and their three children - Adrian, Brian, and Kimberly - spent the time sightseeing, snorkeling, shopping, and building their USANA business. "We had a wonderful time," Vincent says. "We went to a small island in Thailand full of white, powdery sand and surrounded by turquoise water full of fish. It was truly paradise." Mable adds, "The family gets a lot closer with these trips once or twice a year. We get to really talk to our children and get to know them a little bit more."

At home in Vancouver, Vincent and Mable play tennis together or go to Chinese tea many afternoons, and the entire family often plays badminton or basketball. They also recently bought a luxurious, 6,500-square-foot home with six bedrooms and nine bathrooms. "It's a palace!" Vincent says. "I never imagined I could own a home like this before I retired."

The Chans also feel that they have gained many valuable personal skills from build-ing their USANA business. Every day they improve on their training and presentation abilities. "I'm actually quite shy," Mable explains. "I don't like to be in front of a lot of people, but I tend to be more open with our USANA business. You have to interact with people to know what they want." Vincent agrees, "When I look back at the last six years, one of the most important things I gained from going into this business was personal growth. Relationships are the things that carry a group to the next level."

Vincent and Mable are amazed at the way their lives have changed personally and financially these past few years. Vincent explains, "Many times I wake up and wonder, 'Is this really mine?' In a matter of a few years, I've managed to achieve all of these things and it's all because of USANA."Find out how you can do this TOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home